Real Estate Litigation
Real Estate Litigation
Real estate litigation typically relates to the purchase, sale, lease, or use of real property. It can take a variety of forms, including breach of contract, nondisclosure, partition, easement disputes, title disputes, homeowners’ association (HOA) disputes, and even fraud.
Real estate litigation, whether in the context of residential or commercial property, can be expensive, time-consuming, and often contentious, so it is important to consult with an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the legal process. At MSD LLP, our experienced real estate litigators have represented clients in a wide variety of matters across California. MSD LLP’s attorneys have the knowledge and experience to handle your case efficiently and get you the best possible result.
Call To Book Your Consultation Or
Fill Out The Form Below
Common Real Estate Litigation in Los Angeles
- Breach of Contract: A breach of contract occurs when one party fails to perform its obligations under the contract, such as failing to make a payment or deliver title or possession to the property.
- Nondisclosure: California law requires a seller of real property to disclose all known material defects that cannot be discovered by the buyer through reasonable diligence. Every nondisclosure case is unique and can turn not only on what the seller knew and disclosed, but whether the buyer could have learned the information through their own investigation.
- Partition: A partition action is a lawsuit that comes about when two or more owners of property cannot agree on whether or how to sell the property. Issues can also arise between owners as to how to distribute money that they receive from the sale of property. Partition cases also Construction defects are defects in the construction of a building that cause it to be unsafe or unfit for habitation. Common construction defects include faulty wiring, leaks, and structural defects.
- Easement disputes: An easement is generally the non-exclusive right by the easement holder to use the land of another. Easements can be created in a number of ways and often, the scope or existence of an easement can give rise to litigation.
- Title disputes: Title disputes can occur when there is a problem with the title to the property, such as a lien or encumbrance that was not disclosed at the time of purchase.
- HOA disputes: These disputes often arise between homeowners and their HOA over issues such as assessments, rules and regulations, and the use or maintenance of common areas.
If you are involved in a real estate dispute, it is important to consult with an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and get you the best possible result. Contact MSD LLP today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced real estate litigators.
Real estate litigation can involve issues of breach of contract, escrow conflicts, easement disputes, unlawful detainer actions, lease disputes, and many others. Whether you’re buying or selling a home or involved in a landlord/tenant dispute, we have the experience to help you resolve your dispute quickly and efficiently.
Employment litigation is varied from wrongful termination to sexual harassment to racial discrimination to misclassification and more. If you feel you have a case please contact us today.
Business disputes can range from contract issues, unfair competition, real estate disputes, intellectual property and much more. Our experience in resolving or litigating business disputes is extensive.
We handle a wide variety of legal matters in the entertainment industry, such as contracts, copyright and trademark law, licensing, and publicity rights. We also often deal with labor law issues, such as union negotiations and disputes. In addition, entertainment lawyers may also be involved in litigation, such as defamation lawsuits or contract disputes.
A probate litigation attorney represents the interests of beneficiaries in probate court. They may also represent executors, administrators, or creditors in probate proceedings. Probate litigation attorneys handle a wide variety of probate matters, including will contests, challenges to the probate process, and disputes over the distribution of assets.
After a car accident or injury, it can be difficult to know who to turn to or what to do. At MSD LLP, we provide personalized and attentive care from the moment you hire us, so you can focus on recovering from your injury. We only take a percentage of your monetary recovery as our fee, which means if you are not awarded any money, you do not owe us anything.
MSD’s attorneys have successfully represented clients from around the world in contract and complex commercial litigation across a broad range of industries, including banking and financial services, food, apparel, beauty, biotechnology, software, energy, and cannabis.
When a company engages in unfair business practices, both consumers and businesses can be harmed. Conversely, when a business has been accused of unfair competition practices, it can have a serious impact on that company’s bottom line. At MSD LLP, we have experience working with both businesses and individuals that have been negatively impacted by such unfair practices.