- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles –
J.D., cum laude, 2011
- University of California, Santa Barbara – B.A., Sociology, 2004
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014–2021)
- ACLU Community Service Pro Bono Award (2013)
- California State Bar
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Arash Sadat is an accomplished litigator with over a decade of experience. After graduating Loyola Law School cum laude in 2011, Arash worked as an associate at the global law firm White & Case LLP, where he represented clients in complex civil litigation and white collar matters throughout the country. Thereafter, he worked at Brown White & Osborn LLP, one of Southern California’s premiere criminal and civil litigation boutique law firms. He founded Sadat Law Group in 2017 and founded MSD LLP in 2021 with his partners, Brie Mills and Camron Dowlatshahi.
Arash has litigated matters involving contract disputes, real estate transactions, unfair competition, and federal asset forfeiture. He also has substantial experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in tort actions alleging products liability, negligence, as well as fraud and other intentional conduct. A representative sample of matters can be found below.
Arash also maintains an active pro bono practice. He has served as a volunteer at the Santa Monica Domestic Violence Clinic and as project associate for the Citizens’ Commission on Jail Violence, which issued a report to Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors on how to curb excessive use of force in Los Angeles County jails. Today, he serves as board member and general counsel for Santa Monica Youth Orchestra, a 501(c)(3) organization which provides tuition-free and low-cost music education to children.
Business and Real Estate Litigation
Represented limited liability company in arbitration against its real estate broker for nondisclosure, obtaining award in excess of $1 million.
Represented limited liability company in business dispute arising out of a home remodel project, obtaining a complete defense award, award of damages on client’s counterclaims, and award of fees and costs in favor of the client as the prevailing party.
Represented creditor in post-judgment proceedings, piercing corporate veil and holding individual member personally liable for $1.1 million judgment.
Represented professional basketball franchise in connection with $1 billion Chapter 11 confirmation hearing.
Defended marketing agency in multi-state litigation, obtaining dismissal of plaintiff’s claims and recovery on client’s counterclaims.
- Represented multinational baby food manufacturer in putative class action alleging violations FDA labeling regulations, defeating class certification and obtaining summary judgment.
- Represented multinational pet food and chocolate manufacturers in putative class actions alleging failure to disclose use of forced labor in upstream supply chains, obtaining dismissal on the pleadings.
- Represented national fitness club in putative class actions brought by club members alleging unfair and deceptive business practices, obtaining dismissal on the pleadings.
Represented multiple California companies and employees in litigation alleging employment discrimination and Labor Code violations.
Represented California limited liability company in litigation alleging misclassification of employee as independent contractor and workplace harassment.
Represented Mexican company and its shareholders in federal civil forfeiture action based on alleged bribery of employees of a government-owned Mexican utility company in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and federal money laundering statutes.
Represented whistleblower in federal action against six Medicare-certified home health agencies in alleging violations of federal False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute.
Represented business in federal asset forfeiture matter before US Customs and Border Protection, obtaining return of all funds seized.
Represented companies in connection with government investigations into alleged trade violations and unfair business practices.
Represented homeowners in dispute with mobile home park, culminating in jury award of $8.9 million, including over $7 million in punitive damages.
Represented e-cigarette retailers in multiple products liability actions alleging injuries caused by lithium ion battery explosions.
Representation of defendants in civil matters following felony and misdemeanor convictions.